Ugh, door dings! We all hate them. And, when you have a new car, that first one just hurts the most, doesn’t it?
M&G Body Shop can take care of door dings for you – ask about our Paintless Dent Repair! Door dings are practically unavoidable 100 percent of the time, but there a few ideas to help you avoid them as much as you can:
- If you see a car seat in a car you’re about to park next to, you may want to find a different spot. Parents need to open doors all the way to be able to get a child into their vehicle and then properly buckled into a child seat.
- If you’re about to park next to a vehicle that is a lot taller than yours (an SUV versus your car, for example) the protection moldings are less likely to line up well and you could get a ding.
- Try to be a good “parker!” If you park crooked, there’s more of a chance of a door ding.
- If you can find a good end parking spot, that keeps at least one side of your car away from another vehicle’s door. Just consider an end spot prime real estate!
- If you’re up for it, park farther away than most of the other vehicles in a lot. Most people try to park as close as possible to the store or business, so the farther out you are, the less likely you are to sustain a ding. And, you’ll work in a little exercise, too!