While it’s not quite time yet, it’s not too early to think about winterizing your RV or motor home.
Here is a handy checklist to get you started when you put your RV baby down for a long winter’s nap:
- Secure your location – a covered location is best, but if you have to store out-of-doors, then a motor home cover or tarp, securely fastened, should protect your RV from the elements
- Shut off propane tanks and remove them from your vacation vehicle
- Unplug the battery
- Empty all sewage tanks and empty all water tanks*
- Fill up all of your fluids, including gas (but do drain all your water tanks and have all the pipes air blown (compressed air)
- Make sure all circuit breakers are turned off
- Always, refer to your manual or dealership for more in-depth winterizing instructions
*Never try to drain your water heater while it is under pressure or while it is hot!