What exactly are vehicle ratings? It certainly can be confusing – there are dozens and dozens – but M&G Body Shop has a quick sampling guide for you, Cincinnati!
There are so many acronyms out there but here are a few of the most common:
From J.D. Power – Car ratings and research:
- VDS – Vehicle Dependability Study
- IQS – Initial Quality Study
- APEAL – Automotive Performance, Execution, and Layout Study
- CSI – Customer Service Index Study
From State Farm Insurance – Auto insurance ratings:
- LRI – Liability Rating Indexes
- CDI – Collision Damage Indexes
- DTI – Damage and Theft Indexes
- VSD – Vehicle Safety Discounts
When researching for yourself a new car, or what the deal is on your current vehicle, just a little bit of knowledge about all of these “ratings” can go a long way. Usually, if you are doing an Internet search, the website you are on will have a legend that will explain the myriad of confusing abbreviations.
As always, feel free to contact us or come by our shop at 12018 Hamilton Avenue, Cincinnati, if we can be of any service to you.